Pages

Wednesday, October 26, 2011

Pushing the limits


Sorry guys I've been busy. I ended up creating invitations for our work party.. we than had a change in the schedule so I'm having to recreate them. Thankfully I get paid to do it. :D We also had to clean up the chaos from the construction. Since we were doing it already we may as well organize at the same time. It looks good.. for now. :D

The Fantastic news is my amazing husband was hired to work at Whole Foods...raise the roof! You see his ultimate goal is to create and sell condiments. His Worcestershire sauce is amazing as is everything else he makes. Ideally we would like to sell it on the shelves of markets like Whole Foods. With him working there his foot is already in the door. :D Very exciting. Plus 20% discount! woot woot!

More exciting news I was asked to be a guest designer for a blog... :D that will be next month, closer to Thanksgiving. Very excited about that. Anywho.. enough about that stuff.

I found some time to craft yesterday :D I was afraid since I hadn't done it in a few days would I still love it? (I'm notorious for starting a new hobby and then ending it quickly) Yeap still loving it. phew.

The other day I mentioned how sketch challenges are difficult for me. I'm not to sure what or how to do them.. there's no real rules. I'm an exact person and not fond of gray. What can I change? How can I change it? blah blah blah..forget it move on to something more exact. I've decided I need to push myself and not skip over them any longer. I took Hero Arts sketch challenge and created this:


That scallop border is the bottom of the Flourish ornament. I embossed it with this powder that has glitter in it so it really sparkles. (It is kinda hard to find online so I didn't add it to the tool manager. I can get it for you easy as it's at my local store) The picture doesn't do it justice.


The ribbon is from our local store and the pearls were a free gift from Simon Says Stamp. Time to get back to those invitations. I hope your having a good week!

Katie

1 comment:

  1. Hey Katie...thanks for the nice comment on my blog. It served to remind me that I haven't dropped by for a visit in a while. Can I just say that your card is absolute creative genius? Well it is...I love how you created the border with the ornaments, so brilliant!

    ReplyDelete