Pages

Friday, October 21, 2011

Mmmm Stripes

Simon Says Stamp and Show is having a strips challenge. That awesome paper is from a pack I never wanted. It was given to me to make some card samples from since it wasn't selling at our local store. It's funny I never wanted to touch it but once I started playing with it I can't seem to put it down. As a matter of fact the packet is almost gone.

Anywho, I decided to try a sketch challenge. I will admit this is my weakness. I'm an exact person so when I see a picture I lean towards matching it instead of being creative with it. I follow a number of blogs. One that I frequent is Jennifer McGuire's blog. She is amazing.. that goes with out saying. She took this months Hero Arts sketch.. worked her magic.. ta da an amazing card.

I decided to give it a try using her card as inspiration.




I love that paper! I punched out a couple of circles, inked them up. The green was then stamped with a wet back ground stamp for that cool effect.

Here's most of what I used:


Er I don't recall which punches I have.. sorry I can look it up if your interested. The buttons are from Hero Arts. I tried to put them in the cool tool manager however it was being disagreeable. That and work is needing me to put out a fire.

I'm glad it's Friday.

Katie

2 comments:

  1. Great card, Katie - love the stripes. Funny about this paper pack, it didn't really appeal to me but I see gorgeous things made with it :o)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Katie.....what a BRIGHT & CHEERY card! Sketches are AWESOME whether followed to the tea or used as a jumping off place!!

    Thanks Bunches for playing along with this weeks challenge and the teamies at SIMON SAYS STAMP AND SHOW!!!

    ReplyDelete