Pages

Saturday, October 15, 2011

Finesse the Dress

This is a new contest for me. This weeks challenge was to design a project using this dress as inspiration:



It is a cute dress, not something I would ever ware for a number of reasons. Here is my card:


I took a second photo so you could get a better idea:



I adore the turquoise/gray combo however I don't own turquoise ink so I went with blue. Trying to capture the embroidery in the dress I did a clear emboss over pumice stone ink. Than I inked over it. Keeping the idea of fabric in mind I pleated white (I don't own gray.. note to self get some) ribbon down the inside of the front panel. As it needed a bit more I added that great black ribbon. I curved the top corners in order to give it more feminine feel

I'm very happy with the results.. It's busy yet simple. This was the first card I did were I sketched out something and then created it. It didn't come out like the sketch but I like it. :D

Here's most of what I used:




The sentiment is from my favoritest stamp set ever! Oh my do I love this set. There's some serious love going on. It's from Close to my Heart, unfortunately you can't just look at it on their website.. disagreeable. You can find it in the catalog but who has time to flip through 100+ pages? (It's towards the end) I did find it on ebay though. Here is the set on ebay. The other negative Close to my heart has are their prices. I don't like that I have to pay full price.

It was worth the money I will say that. I use all the time.

I hope your having a great weekend.

Katie




4 comments:

  1. Beautiful! I think you covered it really well.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I really like it. It makes me want to think of of crazy challenge for you.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey Katie! Thanks for linking this up to this week's Tuesday Trigger in the Moxie Fab World! I'm so glad you joined in on all the fun! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. what a stunning card, love the colours!

    ReplyDelete