Pages

Monday, September 5, 2011

Fall is in the Air


The summer was great being with family, camp.. all that good stuff but it took me away from crafting and I haven't been able to enter as many contests as I would have liked. I'd do it all again to but I'm glad fall is coming and with it a calmer time.. at least it's supposed to be a calmer time. lol famous last words right? One of those challenges I neglected is from Lily Pad Cards.

There is a new instructor at Stamp Fever, Gina. I wasn't able to take her first class. :( One of her cards from that class was/is on display at the store. Every time I go in it speaks to me. Here is a link to her card if you would like to see it. As one of the Challenges from Lily Pad Cards is resist, it was perfect time to use that inspiration. And using an Autumn theme with Hero Arts stuff qualify's it for this months contest to :D

Here is my card:



Distress Ink: Spiced Marmalade, Mustard Seed, Barn Door, Warn Lipstick, Vintage Photo
Other Ink: Versamark, Memento Brown, Black Staz On.

And of course Copics I used a red to outline the leaf, I also used the .7 multiliner to go over the StazOn ink. It didn't stick/color as well as I would have liked over the white embossing the multiliner fixed that.

The water splotches were done by forming a puddle of water in my hand then flicking the water onto the paper and immediately drying it with the heat gun.

Now if only the weather new it was supposed to be cooler.

Katie

7 comments:

  1. Hi Katie, I'm so happy my card gave you inspiration. I look forward to having you in one of my classes soon. Beautiful card btw :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice! I love the leaf with the threading behind it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey Katie, this card certainly has me thinking of crisp Fall weather! What a gorgeous card, full of rich color and great design! I'm so happy that Gina inspired you...you both inspire me!
    Thanks for joining the "resistance" at Lily Pad Cards.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh my.....................this is just GORGEOUS!!!!!!! I think I may have to CASE this card!!!!

    Great job with the resist challenge!!!

    Maria

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is a gorgeous card, representing my favorite season - well done!! Thanks so much for joining us at Lily Pad Cards!

    ReplyDelete
  6. This card is oh oh so beautiful! I love it so much, I wish I had that stamp set so I could CASE you! Big congrats on your Fresh Face win on the Hero Arts Blog!!!! Well deserved! :)

    ReplyDelete