Pages

Thursday, August 18, 2011

Food and Drink Challenge



It's so great to get back into the swing of things. So far summer has been awesome and thankfully we still have some of it left. I am glad that life's travels have calmed down and I can get back into crafting on my usual days and back to my monthly classes :D Crafting with others is lots of fun. Plus I'm not just learning from the instructor but from all my new friends. Although I am kinda bummed Barbara and I won't be together on Saturday... that might be for the best since we can be quite the trouble makers. :D

All the Christmas stuff is coming out and it's time for me to get that second job to afford it all. :D Until then I will have to try and win free stuff. One of the best places for that is at Simon Says Stamp challenge blog.... not to be confused with Simon Says Stamp and Show challenge blog. It can be confusing as they both give away $50 to Simon Says Stamp and they both choose there winners randomly. Since it's not based on talent what have you got to loose?

This weeks challenge:




As you can see this week the challenge is Food and Drink. Did they know my husband is a chef? Ironically I don't have any stamps that reflect that. I found the two stamps I own that have to do with food and since the cupcake had been done really well by one of their design team members. I opted for the cornucopia. That and its a fun word to use.. cornucopia.. it's kinda like the cooking word Spatchcock (If your a vegetarian don't click on that)



I've been having lots of fun with the spellbinders nestabilities.. as you can tell.. dry embossing is also awesome :D the pattern paper where left over scraps from the last few days.... Basic Gray's Hello Luscious.

The cornucopia stamp I got when a friend was helping another friend get rid of some stamps she had left over from a stamp business that had gone under.

Inks: Memento Black, Distressed-antique Linen, Vintage photo and Walnut stain.

For once I wrote down the Copic's I used in no paticualar order:

R22, R24, R27 (the apples) G02, G05, G09 (the lettuce), YG03, YG 13, YG17 (the leaves) YR14, YR 16, YR18 (the pumpkins) V17 (grapes) E37, E47 (stems) Y15, and Y17 (for the bow)

er I didn't write down the basket ones sorry about that.. it was something like E11 and E15 ish... remember to use that artistic license you were issued when you bought your first marker/inkpad/stamp/paper/etc...

"You can do anything you want to do. This is your world" - Bob Ross

2 comments:

  1. I love the cornucopia. But...yeah...you need to add to that food stamp repertoire! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gorgeous card Katie, I love the colours you've used.
    Thanks for joining us at Simon Says Stamp for our food and drink challenge
    hugs Mandy xx

    ReplyDelete