Pages

Friday, August 26, 2011

Critters


I've said it a few times if I'm gonna make cards I may as well try to win some cool stuff with them. There are a few challenges I enter every time... mostly because their prizes are really cool or they are just really awesome....example being the Lawnscaping challenge.

The one contest I enter every month is Hero Arts Monthly Challenge. Lol this is the company that started me on this the whole thing. Here is a pic of my very first card I entered... oh so many moons ago. :D They give great stuff and a fantastic prize.. $50 in product.

I had a really hard time with the challenge this month. I was focusing on the cards for kids option. The fact is I have kid friendly stuff however it's not made by Hero Arts. I was considering not entering this month but I went back and actually read the contest details. Come to find out there were 2 other options! Critters or scenes.. I can do those easy. Next time I should read the whole thing first instead of skimming. Anywho I got to work...




I love how this card turned out.

The basics used:
Ink: Memento Blk (butterfly), Spice Tin by Jenni Bowlin (Flourish), Soap Powder also by Jenni Bowlin (background), Faded Jeans (the darker blue around the edging), and StazOn Jet Black (sentiment)

And of course Copic's that I didn't write down.. looking at it I can tell you I used B04. That would give a you a good starting point. The flourish was spayed with Perfect Pearls mist after it was inked however the photo doesn't really show that.

The flourish looks really awesome in person and I didn't want to cover it up with the sentiment so I decided to put the sentiment on vellum. A long story short I ended up putting a piece of blue card stock behind it. I will have to keep playing with the vellum so I can get whats in my brain actually working in real life.

I have come along way in such a short time and to think its only been a few months, now to actually win something. Well I have won the Washi Tape... which I have been having mixed feelings about. I like it but at the same time I don't. I think its cuz of the colors I have.. I don't know though. I need to keep playing with them. I digress.. A couple of days ago I won some 6x6 samples of graphic 45 paper from Simon Says Stamp Blog. I'm not to sure what that mean's their paper packs are in 8x8 form. We'll see when it arrives. I'll keep ya posted.

Have a great weekend!

Katie

No comments:

Post a Comment